TCRJ has provided training sessions and workshops on Conflict Transformation and Mediation in the following contexts:
U.S. Institute of Peace
- Technical assistance, workshops and training on countering violent extremism (CVE) (USA, United Arab Emirates and Kenya – 2014- 2015).
Academic Settings (in the US and internationally)
- As an Adjunct Faculty, taught an intensive class on Strategic Peacebuilding for the Women Leadership Program of the Center for Justice and Peacebuilding of the Eastern Mennonite University (Kenya, June 2015).
- As an Adjunct Faculty, assisted in teaching an intensive class on Strategic Peacebuilding at the Pacific Center for Peacebuilding, for the Women Leadership Program of the Center of Justice and Peacebuilding of the Eastern Mennonite University (Fiji, June 2014).
- Classes and workshops on Nonviolent Conflict Transformation for the Facoltà Valdese di Teologia (Rome, Italy, October 2013)
- Dialogue Faciliation on Trust-building Across Generations: Discovering Tools to Build Bridges Across Interfaith Differences for the International Peace and Conflict Resolution, School of International Services of American University, in collaboration with Sustained Dialogue Campus Network and The Initiative of Change (Washington, DC, October 2011)
- Video interview on Lesson learned from class on Identity-based Conflicts and projections for Peacebuilding Interventionsfor theU.S. Institute of Peace (Washington, DC, August 2009)
- Training on “Mediation and Conflict Transformation” for the Faculty of Theology of the Italian Protestant Churches (Rome, Italy, April 2007)
- (Co-Facilitated) Workshop on Transforming Conflicts: Practical Analysis and Nonviolent Strategies, American University (Washington, DC, March 2006)
- Class onIdentity, Mainstream and Margin dynamicsfor the International Peace and Conflict Resolution, School of International Services of American University (Washington, DC, October 2005)
- Introductory Course on Conflict Transformation, “Building a Culture of Peace”, for international emerging peacebuilding leaders of the Caux Scholars Program (Caux, Switzerland, July 2004)
- (Co-Facilitated) Workshop on Introduction to Conflict Transformation for the Faculty of Theology of the Italian Protestant Churches and the University of Peace Studies (Rome and Pisa, Italy: December 2003)
Côte d’Ivoire, US State Department-funded project
- Served as a consultant – Mediation Training Expert – for the USAID Ivory Coast Projustice Project for Development Professionals Inc. (DPI), organizing and holding meetings at the Ministry of Justice and with high judicial authorities to discuss plans for using more alternative dispute resolution methods (ADRs). Prepared a Mediation Manual taking into account the Ivoirian context, to be used by judicial and training institutions, and civil society organizations (December 2016).
Liberia, US State Department-funded project
- Research, report, briefing papers and newsletter articles on Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) for Tetra Tech-DPK (August/September 2015).
- Educational and capacity building trainings on Mediation and Restorative Approaches to Land Disputes for the Tetra Tech-DPK, US State Department-funded program on Mitigating Land Disputes in Liberia – MLDL – (Nimba and Lofa Counties, Liberia, November – December 2012). [See Marinetta Cannito Hjort’s picture and reference on the Liberian Daily Observer (www.liberianobserver.com) of December 6, 2012, Vol. 14, No. 840. page 9].
- Development of a Mediation Training Manual for the MLDL program (November – December 2012).
Haiti, USAID-funded projects
- Design of a Mediation Training Manual and a Family Mediation Training Manual for USAID/Haiti Improving Justice Service Delivery and Sector Reform (April-September 2014)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Program Evaluation for USAID/Haiti Improving Justice Service Delivery and Sector Reform (May-August 2014)
- Mediation Training for Mediators for the Improving Justice Service Delivery and Sector Reform in Haiti/USAID (Port-Au-Prince, Haiti, May and December 2011)
Mexico, USAID-funded projects
- Research and information on Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms and victims’ assistance in Mexico, in support of proposal development for Mexico Promoting Justice Project (PROJUST), for Tetra Tech-DPK (November 2012).
- Training onRestorative Justice Processes and Conflict Transformation for the Coalition of Victims Advocates organizations, Victims Assistance Groups, with the support of the Supporting Program to the Rule of Law in Mexico (Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, October 2009)
- Training on Tools for Conflict Analysis and Transformation for the Indigenous Women Attorneys’ coalition of States of Oaxaca, Chihuahua and Baja California, with the support of the Supporting Program to the Rule of Law in Mexico/USAID (Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico: November 2009 and January 2010)
- Training on Building a Culture of Peace: Conflict Analysis and Nonviolent Transformation for the Center of Alternative Justice of the States of Oaxaca, Chihuahua, Federal District and Baja California with the Supporting Program to Security and Justice/USAID (Oaxaca, Oaxaca; Ciudad Juárez and Chihuahua, Chihuahua; Mexico City; Tijuana and Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico: March; April; May; June; July; August; October 2010)
- Training on Restorative Justice, Human Trafficking and Conflict Transformation: Strategies of Community Collaboration for the Supporting Program to Victims of Human Trafficking in Mexico/USAID, and the Federal District Attorney (Mexico City, Mexico, December 2008)
- Youth Leadership Training ProgramTools for Conflict Transformation for Adolescents for theT.I.P Shelter in Mexico City, with the support of the Supporting Program to the Rule of Law in Mexico/USAID (Mexico City, Mexico, November 2009)
- Collaboration on writing a Mediation Manual in Spanish for the Supporting Program to the Rule of Law in Mexico, MSD/USAID (PRODERECHO/USAID) (2009)
- Workshop on Conflict Transformation for DC (District of Columbia) Police (Washington, DC, April 2013)
- Training for Trainers on Conflict Transformation for Trainers of the Laboratory for Intercultural Training and Assistance (Tutors del Laboratorio Interculturale di Formazione e Accoglienza, LINFA). (Rome, Italy, September 2012).
- Circle Facilitation with High School students of the Latin American Youth Center (Washington, DC, July 2011)
- Workshop on Transforming community conflicts using a nonviolent paradigm for the Center for Strenghtening Civil Society (Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico, December 2010; May 2011)
- A series of workshops on Conflict Transformation and Trust-building: Practical Tools for Meade Memorial Episcopal Church (Alexandria, VA: March, April, November, 2011)
- Workshop on Building a Culture of Peace for McLean Baptist Church (McLean, VA, January 2011)
- Workshop on Development, Charity and Service Delivery for the Hope for the Village Child Foundation (Kaduna, Nigeria, July 2009)
- Design and coordination of a multimedia research project based on Appreciative Inquiry method, Re-imagining Kay, for the Kay Spiritual Life Center at American University, Washington, DC. The project was a central feature of the 40th anniversary of the Kay Spiritual Center celebrated on April 24, 2006 (Washington, DC: February 2005 – April 2006).
- Seminar on Introduction to Conflict Transformation for the Italian Cultural Society (Washington, DC, April 2004)
- Dialogue Facilitation on Conflict Styles and Conflict Transformation for The Quixote Center (Washington, DC, March 2004)
- (Co-Facilitated) Workshop on Conflict Transformation for the School of Peace (Naples, Italy, December 2003)
- Workshop on Practical Tools for Conflict Transformation for the Lutheran Church Volunteers Program (Washington, DC, August 2003)